Basic Refund & Return
All returns, refunds and exchanges MUST be accompanied by the
ORIGINAL RECEIPT and in the ORIGINAL CONDITION. See below for time limits. All
refunds are refunded to the original payment method. All returns and exchanges
are subject to management approval. UNM ID is required for all UNM faculty,
staff, and students. Photo ID is required for
all other customers.
Textbooks & Course
Textbooks and course materials (access codes, clickers, CD-Roms,
etc.) may be refunded if in the original condition within the first TWO (2)
weeks of class in the Fall and Spring. Textbook for courses dropped in the
third week may be eligible for a refund (Banner verification required).
Textbooks and course materials for eight (8) week and four
(4) week classes,
including Summer, may be refunded within the first week. Textbooks and course
materials for intersession classes are non-returnable after the second day of
• Custom course packages and textbooks purchased with non-returnable stickers
are non-returnable if opened.
• Shrink-wrapped sets must be returned with all components in original
• Accessed Ebooks are non-returnable.
General Merchandise & Trade Books
• Merchandise may be returned if in the original condition
within 14 days.*
• Trade books may be returned if in the original condition within 7 days.*
• Defective items may be exchanged for same item within 14 days.
* See exceptions listed below.
• Special orders are non-returnable.
• Certain hardware and software items may require vendor approval for return.
• Defective merchandise is returnable within 14 days of purchase.
• Unopened items may be returned within 7 days in resalable condition.
Supplies & Requisitions
All special orders made through the UNM Bookstore Requisitions Department are
subject to a 21 day return period and do require original packaging. Any
items which need to be returned after this 21 day period may be subject to a 15%
restocking fee as charged by our supplier. Also note that all
perishable items are non-returnable.
Sale priced items, UNM catalogs, worn or washed items, trade
reference and study aides including test guides, dictionaries, thesauruses,
foreign language guides, bar charts, outlines, problem solvers, flash cards and
audio books, food and personal items, and cosmetics are NOT returnable.
Graduation Regalia and announcements
are non-returnable after graduation date.
Main Campus (505) 277-5451 | Medical/Legal (505) 277-5828 |
bookstore.unm.edu - always open!
* All returns must be
accompanied by a receipt. *